We are a fast-growing publicly listed high technology company and we offer extremely competitive employment packages. Our team is composed of world-class technologists. Our materials scientists synthesize new polymer materials to technical specifications driven by photonic device engineers who are creating a polymer PIC platform for the datacenter and high performance computing markets in fiber communications. We are also implementing our technology into non-communication markets.
Our current job openings are listed below, but if you feel that you are truly world-class, you have the right experience base, and you believe you can add value to our technology platform (as seen from the photonics product roadmap webpage) then please feel free to submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you decide to submit your resume, please also write a short (less than 1 page) cover letter with a couple of succinct reasons why you should be considered to join our world-class team. Our entrance hurdle is high, but not impossible should you have the experience and skill base to assist us in becoming the leading polymer photonic PIC technology player in the world.
Lightwave Logic (Nasdaq: LWLG) is a publicly traded material and device development company that is doing exciting work, commercializing its proprietary organic nonlinear polymers for a variety of electrooptic devices and pushing the state of the art in high-speed fiber-optic telecom and data communications. Our development roadmap is geared to disrupt the industry by introducing organic modulators and related photonic integrated circuits that have superior speed, lower power consumption, and smaller size than present inorganic devices. Our materials and devices are extendable into other applications, including sensors and instrumentation. We are seeking a Senior Accountant to work in our facility in Englewood, CO. Lightwave offers competitive compensation and benefits along with a fastpaced work environment.
This position supports the accounting team with the full cycle month-end closing and reporting, payroll processing, stock-based compensation accounting and administration, and various external and internal reporting needs, including SEC reporting.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Assist with the month-end and year-end closing process in multiple areas, including fixed assets,
accruals, prepaids, property tax, patents, etc.
- Review vendor invoices for accurate coding.
- Prepare and review Balance Sheet reconciliations and ensure timely resolution of outstanding
- Oversee daily cash application activities.
- Assist with documentation and testing of the Company’s SOX controls.
- Assist with accurate and timely preparation of sales and use tax filings and 1099 filings.
- Process semi-monthly payroll and record related journal entries.
- Maintain employee stock plan records using a third-party provider platform.
- Assist with preparation of SEC filings.
- Assist with external audits by providing auditors with necessary documentation and explanations.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements in accounting procedures and systems and work
with the team to implement changes for enhanced efficiency and accuracy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritize and plan work activities efficiently.
- Interpersonal Skills: Maintain confidentiality, openness to others’ ideas, and willingness to
- Oral Communication: Communicate clearly and persuasively in various situations, including group
- Written Communication: Edit work for spelling and grammar, present numerical data effectively,
and interpret written information.
- Problem Solving: Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, skillfully gather and analyze
- Quality Control: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, monitoring work for quality.
- Adaptability: Adjust to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands, and
effectively handle unexpected events or delays.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in a related position with similar responsibilities.
- Proficiency in NetSuite is required.
- Preferred experience with Payroll processing and Sales and Use Tax reporting.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word, including the preparation of Financial Statements
in accordance with GAAP.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Effective time management, written, and verbal communication skills.
The salary range for this position is:
Entry-Level (straight out of school limited industry experience): $60,000 to $70,000 annual salary
Mid-Range (3 to 5 years industry experience): $70,000 to $85,000 annual salary
High-Range (5+ years industry experience): $85,000 to $95,000 annual salary
Lightwave Logic offers a highly competitive compensation package including stock options, as well as a
comprehensive benefits package including fully paid medical, dental, and vision coverage (employee and
family), a generous PTO policy, $500/year (prorated) Company contribution to your medical FSA, and a
401K (safe harbor, 4% match).
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV/resume to email@example.com