We are a fast-growing publicly listed high technology company and we offer extremely competitive employment packages. Our team is composed of world-class technologists. Our materials scientists synthesize new polymer materials to technical specifications driven by photonic device engineers who are creating a polymer PIC platform for the datacenter and high performance computing markets in fiber communications.We are also implementing our technology into non-communication markets.
Our current job openings are listed below, but if you feel that you are truly world-class, you have the right experience base, and you believe you can add value to our technology platform (as seen from the photonics product roadmap webpage) then please feel free to submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you decide to submit your resume, please also write a short (less than 1 page) cover letter with a couple of succinct reasons why you should be considered to join our world-class team.Our entrance hurdle is high, but not impossible should you have the experience and skill base to assist us in becoming the leading polymer photonic PIC technology player in the world.
We are seeking a Photonic Device Evaluation Engineer to work in our facility in Englewood, CO. Lightwave offers competitive compensation and benefits along with a fast-paced working environment.
This position supports the device team to characterize the optical and electrical properties of our materials and modulators, with emphasis on high-frequency performance. The candidate will measure and analyze electrical, optical, and electro-optical properties of materials and devices at RF and MM-wave frequencies and may also be involved in metrology studies. A strong background in hands-on research and development, laboratory work operating complex scientific instruments, finite-element modeling, and experiment design is required. Knowledge of electrical and optical waveguide design is desired, as is experience working with electro-optic modulators. The ideal candidate is detail oriented and career driven with a desire to be on the cutting edge of implementing game-changing technologies for future communications systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, materials engineering, optical engineering, physics, or related field, plus 4+ years of relevant industry experience. Masters or PhD degree preferred.
- Experience calibrating and operating a vector network analyzer (VNA).
- Experience operating a bit error rate tester (BERT) and familiarity with eye diagram characterization and figures of merit.
- Competent in data analysis software such as MATLAB or Python.
- Competent in experiment control software such as LabVIEW or Python.
- Must be a US citizen or have a permit to work in the United States.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Finite-element simulation work in RSoft, Fimmwave, ANSYS HFSS, Keysight EMPro and ADS, COMSOL, or similar software packages.
- Experience with wafer level (probed) measurements and calibrations.
- Experience with fiber-coupled laser systems and components.
- Strong background in optics.
- Experience operating complex scientific equipment and metrology tools.
- The desire and ability to learn new skills quickly and to work independently on assigned tasks.
- Cleanroom and fabrication experience a plus but not required.
- Three to five years’ experience working in RF/electro-optic testing and commercial photonic device evaluation.
- Demonstrated technical innovation and experience in photonic device evaluation and data analysis.
- Experience with optical and/or electro-optic polymer materials highly desired, but not mandatory.
- Experience with photonic devices, preferably guided-wave structures.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work in an engineering product-development team and with other relevant groups such as external suppliers, consultants, and partners.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV/resume to email@example.com